Hooker Wines - Wine for Rugby lovers
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Chave Hermitage Blanc 1999 by BEB @ Yesterday at 14:11

J. L. Chave Hermitage Blanc 1999 Eighteen years old and I was itch’n to know what this is now all about. It’s about sophistication and complexity; completeness and desire. The nose is full of lanolin, orange blossom and honeysuckle. The color is
Tasting Notes
Chateau Lalande-Borie Saint Julien Bordeaux 2005 Distinctly Bordeaux with a nose of cigar box, cedar, cassis and warm red bricks. The bouquet folds into the palate with each flavor adding a clear voice, the sum being more than its parts with each s
Tasting Notes
Philip Togni Tanbark Cabernet Sauvignon Spring Mountain Napa Ca. 2002 Red burgundy from the core to the rim; very pretty in the glass. The nose and palate mirror one another with the same deep “plum, cassis, graphite, mint, dusty rose” that I tasted
Tasting Notes
Frederic Esmonin Clos Prieur Gevrey Chambertin 2010 This wine is just now coming into its own. The color is somewhere between cranberry and cherry. The fruit on the attack is black cherry and plum. The mid-palate segues from plum to mushroom. Th
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Peay Chardonnay Sonoma Coast 2011 by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:58

Peay Vineyards Chardonnay Sonoma Coast Ca. 2011 Short notes: creamy and soft with apple, pear on the attack, butter, and cream on the finish. A solid wine with good length; loads of pleasure. 12.7% alc. With St. Andre and other cheeses. 11.17.17
Tasting Notes
Lagier Meredith Syrah Mount Veeder Napa Valley, Ca. 2007 With all the sad news out of Sonoma and Napa from the fires (38 dead, 300 missing, 5,800 homes destroyed, 400,000 commercial space lost), I wanted to do something to connect with the people an
Tasting Notes
Vincent Wine Company Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge Oregon 2014 Candy apple red in the glass; this color captivates. The nose is full of bright cherry, candy apple, cedar and cinnamon with maybe a touch of forest floor. Those flavors carry over on the pa
Tasting Notes
Domaine Thomas & fils (Jean Thomas) La Crele Verdigny Sancerre 2014 Golden in color; mature in nose; full on the palate. Apricot, flint, creamed corn, white grapefruit and smoke. The finish is all anise. Not a particularly good pairing with the s
Tasting Notes
Duckhorn Goldeneye Pinot Noir Anderson Valley Ca. 2007 A deep and unapologetic burgundy. The nose is intense with smokey cherry, star anise, cinnamon and earth. A bit spoffolated as to the intensity of the extraction, but, damn, it gets your atten
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: a Barbaresco and Sicilian by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:45

Ca’ del Baio Asili Barbaresco 2012 “Luminescent cranberry” is the first description that comes to mind as the wine settles in the bowl of the glass. The nose of violet, tar and earth is distinct, but reticent. Much the same in the mouth, but with
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Loring Clos Pepe Pinot x 2 by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:41

Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Clos Pepe Vineyard Santa Rita Hills Ca 2008 Color: “Loring Red” Nose: Cherry, cranberry, cola, cinnamon and clove. But the wine also smells acidic. Palate: The flavors track the nose with precision, particularly wh
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: A couple of Loire Chenin Blancs by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:36

Les Vins Domaine du Closel (Ch. Des Vaults) La Jalousie Savennieres Loire 2013 A deep golden yellow greets the glass and the eye. Delightful. The nose is rich with honey, white grapefruit, marmalade, diesel and white floral blossoms. Each element
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: A couple of Baudry Chinons by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:32

Bernard Baudry Les Grezeaux Chinon Loir Valley 2004 A deep cranberry colors the glass. The youth of this Chinon is not in doubt. The rustic nose foretells of tannins not yet integrated, but it also speaks of cranberry, raspberry and leather, but i
Tasting Notes
Loring Wine Company Chardonnay Durell Vineyard Sonoma Coast Ca. 2012 A deep golden yellow fills the glass. The nose is all about toasted coconut, lemon oil, vanilla and golden apple. Toasted coconut leads the attack with all the other elements cle
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: 3 Loring Pinots by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:27

Loring Wine Company Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast 2009 A brilliant, opaque “Loring Red” fills the glass. The nose is full of licorice, smoke, and cherry jam. “Big” best describes the nose with a distinct sweetness from the fruit. In the
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Ridge Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mtn 2010 by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:22

Ridge Vineyards Estate (Monte Bello Vineyard) Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mountains, Ca. 2010 Unfortunately, this is slightly corked. Underneath the TCA there are glimpses of what could have been: sweet golden delicious apple, coconut, lemon cream and
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Some Ridge Zins by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:19

Ridge Vineyards East Bench Dry Creek Valley Sonoma Ca. 2007 A full nose of brown sugar, rhubarb, rosemary, black cherry, plum and cinnamon. The nose is smart, clean and complete. Everything follows through on the palate. With dusty tannins, and a
Tasting Notes
Ah, I'd best pull one of mine and give it a spin. I think I have 2 left. My last tasting note was 2014. It was a lovely wine then.
Misc. Stuff
Muscadine winegrapes
Muscadine wine collection
2010 Garnet Pinot Noir - Rodgers Creek Vineyard
Promise Wine
Dom Perignon
Chappellet Wine
Lawer Family Three Coins Wine
13 Blackbirds
Old Wine
2009 HdR Last Seminar
Newest Members