Hooker Wines - Wine for Rugby lovers
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Italiana
Jump to new posts Re: TN: Dott. Giacomo Damilano Barolo 1982 by fraser @ Today at 16:03

Hi Dave, It is indeed the same producer. I think they stopped producing for awhile in the late 80's/early 90's. See: Here's some background info on Damilano: http://www.westcoastwine.net/ubbthreads/...true#Post388508 We chatted briefly about Damil
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts THAT Sparkler by BEB @ Today at 13:57

My short answer, Tom, is that I haven't tried this sparkler recently and I don't know who the current winemaker is. My long answer is that, as you know, Trump Winery is a successor to the Kluge Winery debacle and already had a host of issues agains
Tasting Notes
Ciao Tom, So interesting. Catarrato, I have read, is the primary grape for Marsala production. My only experience with one is very recent, the 2017 Vitesse, Catarrato ($10), all organic, yet made in a simple, fresh, easy to drink style like the
Tasting Notes
We tried tonight (1/9/19) Some Bedrock/Carlisle Zins: 1. Bedrock UnderTheMtn Heritage SantaClaraCnty RW (14.0%; Tended: Gregory Family; Zin + Carignan) 2016: Dark color; strong blackberry/raspberry/very spicy/Zin bit cherry slight earthy/dusty/OV
Italiana
Jump to new posts Re: TN: Dott. Giacomo Damilano Barolo 1982 by Dave Cuneo @ Today at 10:04

Ciao fraser, I just had a Barbera d'Asti from "Damilano", is this the same winery as your bottle? I have a Barolo in the basement from them as well, a 2010 "Cannubi". Thanks! dc.
Italiana
Jump to new posts 2008 Tedeschi, Amarone "Monte Olmi". by Dave Cuneo @ Today at 09:59

Ciao, Tedeschi, Amarone Classico, cru "Monte Olmi". This bottle retails around $100 or so, luckily I paid cost ($66). Had this with a good friend of mine who I turned into an Amarone nut years ago. With chicken parmigiana and scal
Italiana
Fraser, Glad you enjoyed this. I like your "stream of consciousness" notes. Reminds me of the great Tom Hill.
Tasting Notes
Tried last night w/ din/din: 1. IlCenso Praruar IGT: Terre Siciliane Bianco (100% Catarratto; 13.5%; 13,970 btls; NealRosenthalImports; 20 days on skins + 1 yr in SS) Gaetano Gargano/Palazzo Adriano 2015: Deep golden/burnished bronze bit cloudy color
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts Yup.. by TomHill @ Today at 06:04

Originally Posted By: Charlie Chadwick2013 Carlisle Zinfandel Russian River Valley, Old Vines From vines planted between 1881 and 1895. A bright berry nose. On the palate the fruit is bright, raspberries, blackberries, warm spice. The tannins ar
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: 2013 Carlisle Zinfandel Russian River Valley, Old Vines by Charlie Chadwick @ Yesterday at 18:02

2013 Carlisle Zinfandel Russian River Valley, Old Vines From vines planted between 1881 and 1895. A bright berry nose. On the palate the fruit is bright, raspberries, blackberries, warm spice. The tannins are smooth and mild. Nice acidity and g
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Yup.... by TomHill @ Yesterday at 16:56

Originally Posted By: BEB... and there is Bob Foster (who used to post here) in the line up. Yup....he occasionally posts on WB...but very infrequently. Usually he posts to defend Temecula as an important wine region and to defend large tastings as
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: And The Judges... by BEB @ Yesterday at 13:48

... and there is Bob Foster (who used to post here) in the line up.
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts And The Judges... by TomHill @ Yesterday at 10:10

And the judges are: SFChronWineJudges Lots of familiar faces there. Tom
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts SFChron Wine Judging Results... by TomHill @ Yesterday at 09:54

Results have just been released for the SFChron Wine Competition: SFChronWineCompetition The one winner that stood out in my mind is the Sparkling Wine Sweepstakes Award: Trump Wnry Blanc de Blanc 2014. Won't be long afore we'll be hearing loud b
Tasting Notes
Had this last night w/ my Kasekrainer: 1. Alzinger GrunerVeltliner Durnstein Federspiel (12.5%; www.Alzinger.At; SkurnikWines/TerryTheise) Unterloiben/Durnstein/Wachau 2017: Light gold color; lovely GV/floral/white pepper/spicy pure/focused GV quite
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts Re: Guthrie leaving Copain by BEB @ Yesterday at 07:04

And maybe a non-compete since there doesn't appear to be any news regarding any new project by Mr. Guthrie.
Misc. Stuff
Muscadine winegrapes
Muscadine wine collection
2010 Garnet Pinot Noir - Rodgers Creek Vineyard
Promise Wine
Dom Perignon
Chappellet Wine
Lawer Family Three Coins Wine
13 Blackbirds
Old Wine
2009 HdR Last Seminar
Newest Members