Hooker Wines - Wine for Rugby lovers
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Healdsburg by James Cross @ Today at 10:34

Bob: Not sure you will see this in time, but go to Adam Lee's Siduri place; good stop right in downtown. It is fairly new.
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Monday and Tuesday by Bob Davis @ Today at 09:46

And so fat Whitehall and Pax were the only clunkers. Every other place has exceeded our expectations. Today we plan to take a look at Coppola in the daylight. Dinner last night was good and the facility,I think, may be worth seeing. Then the rest
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Monday and Tuesday by Bob Davis @ Today at 09:43

We’re willing to pay for good Viognier. We love Condrieu but those are even more silly expensive. For whites we mostly drink Rhone whites with a few exceptions.
Tasting Notes
Needed a white last night, so cracked: 1. Forlorn-Hope Norgard CheninBlanc NorgardRanch/TalmageBench/Mendocino (47 cs; 14.3%; aged 20 mo. in neutral oak; www.ForlornHopeWines.com) 2011: Med.dark gold/bronze color; very strong pear/CB/lightly herba
Tasting Notes
Charlie: This is probably my least favorite vineyard designate of Brian's and I've tried them all, since I have followed Brian "from before the very start" when he was a cellar rat at Cottonwood Canyon. Using Paso fruit to make pinot is a generall
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Monday and Tuesday by James Cross @ Today at 07:34

Bob: I used to buy the Pride viognier until it got too expensive; would rather not break the bank on whites, but that one is probably worth it. I'm also with you on Whitehall Lane; a guy here loves them and always brings them to dinners and tasti
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Monday and Tuesday by Bob Davis @ Yesterday at 17:56

Monday morning found ourselves at Pride. A very enjoyable tour where the guide further enforced my belief that the alcohol regulation has to be the most corrupt part of state/local governments in the country.. Rant over. The Chards were really not
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: 2008 Loring Pinot Noir Russell Family Vineyard Paso Robles by Charlie Chadwick @ Yesterday at 17:12

2008 Loring Pinot Noir Russell Family Vineyard Paso Robles This has held up surprisingly well. Not a great bottle, but enjoyable for what it is. A deep nose of dark fruits and brown sugar. Intense blackberry and raspberry fruit, a bit of warm sp
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Idlewild/Carlisle With DinDin....(short/boring) by TomHill @ Yesterday at 16:19

Had these two for dinner last night: 1. Idlewild TheBee Flora&Fauna White NorthCoast (11.5%; 30% MuscatCanelli/30% Friulano/30% Arneis/10% Cortese; www.IdlewildWines.com) 2015: Med.light gold color; very fragrant spicy/floral/pear blossom/some muscat
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Uhhhh.... by Dave Cuneo @ Yesterday at 09:28

Ok, you rascal. FWIW, I drank a bottle of 2016 Bastianich Schioppettino last week. Pretty interesting. $16.99 retail. They really should be planting this grape and Refosco (had a small taste of the '14 Bastianich Refosco as well) all up and down
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 750Daily: Science Behind Wineglass Shapes by Dave Cuneo @ Yesterday at 09:26

That is an excellent score! I got two Sommelier Bordeaux glasses at a yard sale for $6 apiece years ago, but never use them.
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts TN: Two Reds O'er The Weekend...(short/boring) by TomHill @ Yesterday at 09:12

Had these two reds on Sunday: 1. Ioppa Nebbiolo DOC: Colline Novaresi (12.5%; www.GiulianaImports.com) Az.Agr. Ioppa F.Illi Gianpiero e Giorgio/Romagnano/Sesia 2015: Light color; attractive floral/violets/Nebb very light tarry nose; quite tart/tangy/
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 750Daily: Science Behind Wineglass Shapes by R. Schiffman @ 10-15-2018 19:35:19

We have a local place reselling rejects and other second hand wine glasses, among other misc. stuff. I was able to buy a half dozen sommelier wine glasses at $3.99 each. Score!. I had previously purchased 2 each bordeaux and burgundy sommelier glasse
Tasting Notes
Jump to new posts Forlorn-Hope King-Andrews WW '17...(short/boring) by TomHill @ 10-15-2018 17:29:45

My F-H shipment arrived last week, so couldn't resist trying: 1. Forlorn-Hope Kind-Andrews WW SuisunVlly (11.66%; 47 cs; Last Vintage; TrousseauGris + CheninBlanc/ GreenHungarian/Vermentino/Chasselas; 50 cs) Murphys 2017: Light yellow color; quite
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Yup.... by TomHill @ 10-15-2018 16:28:51

Originally Posted By: TomHill Good rant, Jim. Spoken like a true curmudgeon. Tom Tom, As you know, if you schedule a tasting with me, you come to our house, if the weather is nice we sit in the back yard, D usually makes us something to eat, we open
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Yup.... by TomHill @ 10-15-2018 16:27:49

Originally Posted By: TomHill Good rant, Jim. Spoken like a true curmudgeon. Tom Tom, As you know, if you schedule a tasting with me, you come to our house, if the weather is nice we sit in the back yard, D usually makes us something to eat, we open
General Wine Discussion
Jump to new posts Uhhhh.... by TomHill @ 10-15-2018 16:21:17

Originally Posted By: Dave CuneoWhat??? Riedel makes a Tazzalenghe glass? Where can I get one? or two. The Vinum Syrah glass is still my go to red wine glass. I have a Sommelier Bordeaux glass but am afraid to use it, they are so delicate. Uh
Misc. Stuff
Muscadine winegrapes
Muscadine wine collection
2010 Garnet Pinot Noir - Rodgers Creek Vineyard
Promise Wine
Dom Perignon
Chappellet Wine
Lawer Family Three Coins Wine
13 Blackbirds
Old Wine
2009 HdR Last Seminar
Newest Members