Tried this last night w/ my pasta:
1. Acquiesce PicpoulBlanc (12.5%; www.WhiteWineWinery.com) Sue Tipton/Lodi 2018: Pale/near colorless; lightly fragrant floral/carnations/spicy some stony/mineral quite pleasant nose; quite tart/tangy/grapefruity/citric/lemony/lightly floral bit lean/spare light stony/mineral flavor; med.long fairly tart/tangy/grapefruity slight floral/carnations bit lean/stony/mineral/metallic finish; an altogether quite attractive expression of Picpoul. $28.00
1. I first had SueTipton's wines (she makes only whites + a rose) at DarrellCorti's store after she had brought the first release to show Darrell. I was quite impressed as Lodi doesn't have much of a reputation for whites. I have since had them at several RhoneRanger events and have continued to like them.
This Picpoul was a fairly classic expression of the "lip stinger". Not quite as rich as the TablasCreek version, but really a very refreshing/clean/bright white.
As I was driving up to Sac to see Darrell, I stoped at the tasting centre in Lodi and tasted thru a few of the wines. Since I had some time to spare, I made a side journey to the Acquiesce tasting room. It was one of the most pleasant tasting experiences I can recall. They sit you down at a table and then proceed to pour you their available wines. With each wine, they bring you out a small plate of various appetizers designed to accompany each wine. Quite a civilized experience. Well worth the stop.
Tom