Tried these two last week:
1. Solminer GelberMuskateller DeLandaVnyd/LosOlivosDist (100% MuscatCanelli; Dry; 35 cs; 13%; www.Solminer.com) 2017: Light gold color; very strong flral/Muscat/cardenias slight herbal/chalky/mineral quitelovely/interesting aromatic nose; fairly tart/tangy very strong floral/muscatty/gardenias light chalky/mineral totally dry very slightly bitter bit complex flavor; very long/lingering strong floral/muscatty/gardenias some chalky/mineral totally dry bit complex finish; stays far away from the tutti-frutti MuscatCanelli character of most Muscats; an absolutely lovely Muscat.
2. Forlorn-Hope Nacre Semillon YountMillVnyd/NapaVlly (10.93; 377 cs) Fairfield 2012: Light gold color; lovely figgy/Semillon/bit herbal slight graham cracker rather complex nose; quite tart/tangy/acidic bit metallic/steely/austere/lean light Semillon/figgy/herbal/graham cracker bit earthy flavor; long some figgy/Semillon/herbal/hay mow/earthy/metallic/steely quite tart/acidic/lean almost eviscerated finish w/ a very long aftertaste of figgy/Semillon & oak; a fairly attractive nose that's starting to show some evolution but very lean/acidic/screechy on the palate; probably needs another 10 yrs of age to show anything interesting...if it ever does.
1. Solminer: The wnry of Dave & Anna DeLaski. I was impressed in how this wine has evolved since its release. It was originally a bit on the simple side, just lots of tutti-frutti Muscat character. It seems to have put on weight and developed some interesting minerality. Maybe the closest thing to a Malvasia d'Istriani that I've yet seen from Calif. Alas, there is no Md'I planted in Calif to my knowledge.
Tom