Olivier Horiot Rosé Des Riceys En Valingrain Les Riceys Champagne 2012

A deep red watermelon meat such as a watermelon you might find from South Carolina; a watermelon so red and juicey you can’t wait to bit into it. And bite in to this wine you may just have to do. For a rosé, it’s a big one! Rose water, cinnamon and chocolate dipped cherries scents rise through the nose and excite the senses. Well, my senses anyway. The ladies of the house did not like the wine. “Too big,” said one; “just plain weird,” said the other. “Delicious!, I said, while thinking, “and more for me!”. The nose and flavors are big with a richness few rosés can deliver. The finish segues into mineral and a tinge of iodine. It’s an odd but fascinating wine; porch wine, it ain’t. The finish is long for a rosé, but not so long as a red or even a powerful white. Ten percent is made from foot-trodden grapes. A portion is also whole cluster. 100% Pinot Noir. 100% still wine; no fizz. 12.5% alc. With roasted chicken thighs/quarters with a purchased mustard-barbecue sauce by a local chef. 05.31.18. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd