Tried these two from my recent Solminer club shipment last night:
1. Solminer GrunerVeltliner SpearVnyd/SantaRitaHills (13.2%; 295 cs; www.Solminer.com) Buellton 2018: Light gold color; attractive GV/floral/carnations slight stony bit simple pretty pleasant nose; fairly tart light GV/floral slight tangy/metallic rather quiet/restrained flavor; med.long light GV/floral/carnations slight stony/chalky bit simple finish; a very quiet/low-key expression of GV; speaks of GV but in a whisper; may put on weight w/ age but I have my doubts. $30.60
2. Solminer Gruner Muskateller DeLandaVnyd/LosOlivosDist (48 cs; 50% GrunerVeltliner/MuscatBlanc; U/U) 2018: Med.gold bit cloudy color; very attractive floral/GV light muscatty/hair oil/spicy light mineral/stony lovely perfumed nose; lightly tart bit off-dry fairly strong muscatty/hair oil light GV/floral/carnations slight metallic/stony quite attractive flavor; very long mild-mannered muscatty/hair oil some GV/floral/carnations finish; reminds a lot of Austrian Gelber Muscateller and some of Slovene/Friuli Malvasia d'Istriana; quite a pretty aromatic white w/o the Muscat overpowering everything. $30.60
1. Solminer is the wnry of Anna & David deLaski in LosOlivos. With both of them having a connection to Austrian wines, they focus on making Austrian style of wines. I generally find their Gruner (from DeLanda Vnyd) among the very best of the Calif Gruners. After the Carlisle. This is their first GV from the Spear Vnyd and somewhat disappointing. It speaks of GV clearly, but only in a whisper and is rather on the simple side.
The Muskateller is the standard Muscat of Alexandria. It can tend to be a bit overpowering, but the Gruner tamed the Muscat down to just the right level.
Tom