Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS

Posted by: Bob Davis

Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-15-2011 16:51:28

They finished up last week on Wednesday. The only thing missed was that they mistakenly tied the outlet for the mixer into a switched outlet in the basement. Rather than wait around for them to fix I re-wired myself in about 30 minutes. I cannot recommend this contractor enough. No issues other than some nits I've already mentioned and the mixer outlet.

Overview

Counter on the back wall

Front wall

Mixer, stowed and deployed

Cooktop and hood. 650cfm which sounds like a jet engine at full power.

Another back wall view

Double Electrolux convection ovens

Island sink. About 9" deep and a good size. Not a bar-size sink.

Front wall counter and cabinets

Pantry cabinet

Under island storage

Range hood and pot filler closeup

This is the style of bar stools we are ordering for the island.
Posted by: jimmie wellman

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-15-2011 18:26:21

Nice amount of counter space. Cabinets & pulls look good. Love the abundance of storage. Nicely done!

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-15-2011 18:34:56

Yes, tons of storage. We haven't filled them all up yet but I'm sure we will.
Posted by: becca hunt

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-15-2011 19:35:53

Really nice! Thanks for posting the photos. Great amount of counter space and storage. Good lookin' hood. Excellent job.
Posted by: Fred Berry

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-16-2011 00:31:09

Bob
kitchen looks great...love the idea of the mixer garage...we ended up keeping ours in the butlers pantry and just dragging it out as needed. Your idea really rocks.

I think you will really appreciate the faucet over the stove...we didn't do it and have regretted our mistake.

Great Job and glad your contractor was so good to work with (they aren't always so good) frown
Posted by: Brad Harrington

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-16-2011 00:40:31

Agreed, that mixer garage idea is a great one.
I'm jealous Bob, looks like a great kitchen to work with.
The pictures have been awesome, much thanks!
Posted by: ksyrah

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-16-2011 03:22:05

Congratulations! A very fine kitchen and finished in remarkable time.

-Al

Thanks all - 10-16-2011 07:47:26

Since I wasn't here when it was put back together I have no idea where most things are. Some adjustment will be needed as we work with it.

One adjustment is getting used to cooking with gas again. It's been about 16 years.

As to the mixer stand I'm curious to see how it does kneading bread dough. The mixer can really rock and roll as times.
Posted by: becca hunt

Re: Thanks all - 10-18-2011 02:46:24

I was wondering about the mixer garage when kneading bread. Make sure to let us know how that goes.

Re: Thanks all - 10-18-2011 12:53:06

The plan is to try it out this weekend.
Posted by: BEB

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-18-2011 20:34:15

Thanks, Bob, for allowing us to peak in throughout the process. It's been fun to watch. It looks wonderful and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time (or until you sell!) wink

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-18-2011 20:47:17

Thanks! I think the most amount of stress will come as I try to find where everything is. I was out of town when they put it back together.
Posted by: BEB

Re: Thanks all - 10-18-2011 20:53:35

I showed that particular picture to the spousal unit also. We almost put such a device in our kitchen when we remodeled. However, we 1) were skeptical about working over the floor and 2) decided not to dedicate that much storage space to one tool. It does look sweet, however.
Posted by: Paully

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-19-2011 13:50:49

Very nice!!

Loved the up-dates, you know those counters wont look that clean in a yr!! cool

Good luck..best wishes

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 10-19-2011 15:22:39

If you mean uncluttered we almost there now. grin
Posted by: Bob Summers

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 11-16-2011 09:08:08

Saweeeet! You thought of everything!

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 11-17-2011 02:59:44

Originally Posted By: Bob Summers
Saweeeet! You thought of everything!

thanks Bob. How have/you been?
Posted by: Fred Berry

Re: Kitchen - FINAL PHOTOS - 11-26-2011 22:40:56

OK, Bob
Now that you've had a chance to really use the new kitchen for Turkey day, is there anything you would have done differently (at least that you've discovered so far)?

We designed and built our place about 10 years ago and the only things I would have done differently is to add a water source at the stove to fill pots, rather than lug heavy pots to the stove and I should have added an electrical outlet to the end of our island (actually a peninsula), easy enough to do, but haven't bothered in 10 years, so guess we don't need it that bad

Congratulations on the great looking and cooking kitchen.