TN: 2000 Tenuta La Fuga Brunello di Montalcino

Posted by: Charlie Chadwick

TN: 2000 Tenuta La Fuga Brunello di Montalcino - 01-09-2019 18:30:34

2000 Tenuta La Fuga Brunello di Montalcino

Vibrant cherry red in color. The nose has notes of anise and cherry. The palate follows the nose with bright cherry fruit and cracked black pepper. Firm tannins, great acidity, nice balance. A long subtle finish of dark fruits and spice. At 19 years old this wine still has years ahead of it. B+

Charlie
Posted by: fraser

Re: TN: 2000 Tenuta La Fuga Brunello di Montalcino - 01-10-2019 08:09:17

Hi Charlie,

As I am about to open my first Brunello in 23+ years, I was curious what food you had with this and whether you popped and poured or ? I'm not really familiar with what to eat and how to serve a Brunello. Any tips are appreciated. Anybody else?

Thanks
Fraser
Posted by: Charlie Chadwick

Re: TN: 2000 Tenuta La Fuga Brunello di Montalcino - 01-10-2019 14:03:47

Fraser,

I am hardly an expert on Brunello (trust me). This bottle was a gift from a neighbor who is seriously into Italian wine. We did a pop and pour; it seemed fine from the outset, but did brighten some with a bit of time in the glass. Food? Just pasta and a meat sauce.

Others with more experience with Brunello should chime in.

Charlie
Posted by: James Cross

Brunello Pairings - 01-11-2019 08:45:45

I drink a fair amount of Brunello and go one of two routes: pasta as suggested, with a meat sauce....or some sort of roasted meat, like a rubbed pork roast or bacon wrapped pork roast. Italians tend to drink Brunello with meat.
Posted by: fraser

Re: Brunello Pairings - 01-13-2019 08:49:26

Thanks for the advice, James!

Fraser