TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic)

Posted by: Gregory Ellis

TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-14-2020 17:55:03

Nose: Blackberry, hint of eucalyptus
Palate: Still lively with some tannic bite. Not tired at all. Black cherry and currants with lingering aftertaste of licorice.

Nice wine with dinner of filet mignon and roasted garlic potatoes. For the record, I'm not good at describing the flavors in tasting notes. This was a very good cabernet that is still alive and kicking after 25 years. NONE OF THE OLD FOLKS HERE EVER THOUGHT I'D KEEP A BOTTLE FOR THAT LONG!

Happy Hallmark Holiday!
GCE
Posted by: Bob Davis

Re: TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-14-2020 18:36:55

"NONE OF THE OLD FOLKS HERE EVER THOUGHT I'D KEEP A BOTTLE FOR THAT LONG!"

Especially you! Been cured of "Ellis-Ames" disease?
Posted by: Charlie Chadwick

Re: TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-14-2020 19:17:23

I've noticed that the '94 Cali Cabs have been consistently good when we've tried them recently. So I'm not really surprised this showed so well.

Charlie
Posted by: Charlie Chadwick

Re: TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-14-2020 19:19:13

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis

Especially you! Been cured of "Ellis-Ames" disease?

Penicillin does wonders! smirk

Charlie
Posted by: R. Schiffman

Re: TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-14-2020 20:04:45

Nice. Somehow it seemed it was just going to be the 95's to last. Glad to hear it's doing so well.
Posted by: BEB

Re: TN: '94 Abreu Cabernet Sauvignon (Nostalgic) - 02-21-2020 08:58:40

Originally Posted By: Gregory Ellis
Nose: Blackberry, hint of eucalyptus
Palate: Still lively with some tannic bite. Not tired at all. Black cherry and currants with lingering aftertaste of licorice.

Nice wine with dinner of filet mignon and roasted garlic potatoes. For the record, I'm not good at describing the flavors in tasting notes. This was a very good cabernet that is still alive and kicking after 25 years. NONE OF THE OLD FOLKS HERE EVER THOUGHT I'D KEEP A BOTTLE FOR THAT LONG!

Happy Hallmark Holiday!
GCE

Ok, who the heck is spoof'n in the name of Doc Ellis?! Everyone knows Greg can't keep a wine this long.