The End of WesternCivilization As We Know It....Again

Posted by: TomHill

The End of WesternCivilization As We Know It....Again - 03-15-2017 07:46:59

Interesting article in Forbes:
ReplicaWines

on Replica Wines, a company that chemically replicates wines & sells them at a cheaper price to milennials.

The wines they choose to replicate??
Kendall-Jackson VintnersReserve Chard, JoelGott Cabernet, and two Meiomi, PinotNoir & PrisonerRed.

Sorta makes me roll my eyes and ponder...why bother??

Anybody tried a Replica Wine alongside the original?? Or even one by itself??

Tom
Posted by: Roland Dumas

Re: The End of WesternCivilization As We Know It....Again - 03-16-2017 09:22:55

I had my first sample of Meiomi recently, at the urging of a person who doesn't like most pinot noir, but loves this one. I tasted and hit the "no wonder" button. Very little resemblance to pinot and heavily engineered brew. An engineered facsimile of an engineered product should be a much easier target to achieve than replicating something with uniqueness and complexity.

Still, "why bother?". Maybe it's a demonstration that these popular quaffers are themselves probably the result of a chemist's black art.
Posted by: TomHill

Bingo... - 03-16-2017 12:00:52

Originally Posted By: Roland Dumas
I had my first sample of Meiomi recently, at the urging of a person who doesn't like most pinot noir, but loves this one. I tasted and hit the "no wonder" button. Very little resemblance to pinot and heavily engineered brew. An engineered facsimile of an engineered product should be a much easier target to achieve than replicating something with uniqueness and complexity.

Still, "why bother?". Maybe it's a demonstration that these popular quaffers are themselves probably the result of a chemist's black art.

Bingo, Roland. You hit the nail right on the head.
Tom