Strange New Wine Closure..

Posted by: TomHill

Strange New Wine Closure.. - 05-03-2018 07:23:45

Opening a btl of Timorasso last night from Boveri, I found this new/weird artificial cork. Called Ardea Seal:
ArdeaSeal1
ArdeaSeal2

It's an Italian product. Maybe the best artificial cork I yet seen, at least in terms of working w/ the corkscrew.
I expect we'll be seeing more of these. Easy to identify by the bright red ring on the top when you remove the capsul.
Pics on the links.
Tom
Posted by: BEB

Re: Strange New Wine Closure.. - 05-03-2018 14:31:55

How is this different from any other plastic closure. (You're going to launch into a thermal-plastic dynamics lecture, aren't' you?) How is this plastic ( described here) that much different?
Posted by: TomHill

ClueLess... - 05-04-2018 05:05:39

Originally Posted By: BEB
How is this different from any other plastic closure. (You're going to launch into a thermal-plastic dynamics lecture, aren't' you?) How is this plastic ( described here) that much different?

Clueless, Boyce. All I know is what I read on those two link.
I was impressed how easily my LeverPull dealt with it.
And it's certainly more colorful.
I guess it's been around since the early 2000's, but is apparently slow to make inroads into the marketplace, since this is the first one I've encountered.
Tom
Posted by: Marc Hanes

Re: ClueLess... - 05-05-2018 21:02:01

Frank Cornelissen uses them and I have encountered them one or two other times. Tripped me out the first time. Have no idea about the science behind but it looks like it could pierce Kevlar.