AdamGopnik: On Randal Grahm

Posted by: TomHill

AdamGopnik: On Randal Grahm - 05-15-2018 07:22:07

As linked in WineTerroirist, a fascinated read by AdamGopnik on RandalGrahm:
Gopnik:Randal ,
sort of retelling Randal's life in wine. It's a pretty long article, so you'll want to print it out & read it at your leisure...or buy the magazine.
I have, of course, followed Randal from the very start and count him as a good friend. Is mom&dad, Ruth & Allan, were two of the finest people I've met and have shared several meals together. I always ask about Ruth when I see him & occasionally exchange notes with her. A real live-wire.

When I listen to a presentation by Randal, I always time him to his first usage of "counter-intuitive", one of his favorite words. His record is 3 min/17 sec here in SantaFe.

For those of you who have followed Randal, you'll find this a very entertaining read. For those of you who haven't, you'll just dismiss him as a nut-case...or a very clever marketeer. That would be a mistake.

Tom
Posted by: Sean_Devaney

Re: AdamGopnik: On Randal Grahm - 05-15-2018 18:59:22

Thanks for the link Tom.A really nice article on one of the most interesting winemakers I've met.
Posted by: TomHill

Yup.. - 05-16-2018 05:05:38

Originally Posted By: Sean_Devaney
Thanks for the link Tom.A really nice article on one of the most interesting winemakers I've met.

Yup, Sean...Randall is an absolutely fascinating guy. I always enjoy visiting with him.
Tom