Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake...

Posted by: Tom In CO

Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 11-30-2017 23:13:50

Ciao tutti!

Been away too long and no longer "in DC" but wanted to check in and make sure the vino lover was accounted for.
Posted by: Dave Cuneo

Re: Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 12-01-2017 09:47:30

Ciao amico,

Still here in DE and drinking vino. Had a 97 Cerretto Barolo "Grignore" at Thanksgiving that reminded me of the two bottles you gave me back in the day of the 1990! smile

Where are you now?

BTW, I was busy at work when the quake hit and did not even notice it.

Ciao,

Dave.

Re: Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 01-28-2018 22:10:09

Glad to hear you're still enjoying vino.

Gail and I moved to Colorado last spring, long planned and finally done. It was a major effort but the most traumatic part was disposing of most of the cellar - just couldn't move so much wine.

A presto,
Tom
Posted by: fraser

Re: Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 01-29-2018 09:57:47

Welcome back, Tom!

Any chance you sold your wine to Schneiders of DC? I just bought a couple of bottles of classic Piedmont wine from a cellar they acquired within the last 6 months or year. Very pristine looking wines.

Fraser

Re: Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 01-30-2018 16:47:57

Hi Fraser,

My cellar was auctioned through Zachys last June. The timing might be right for Schneider's to have obtained your bottles at that auction.

Regardless, I hope the bottles turn out great!

Tom
Posted by: fraser

Re: Hoping my Capo di capo is unaffected by the earthquake... - 01-30-2018 17:04:41

Thanks for the response. They said they bought from a local, long time customer. It was full of great Piedmont wines so I thought of you when you mentioned selling your cellar recently. Guess it wasn't. Enjoy Colorado!

The wines I got were 2 1967 Damilano Barolos, a 1995 Bersano Barolo Badarina and a 1978 Scarzello Barolo Marenda (Sarmassa).

Thanks
Fraser