TN: Azienda Agricola F.lli Cigliuti Barbaresco Serraboella 1990

Posted by: fraser

TN: Azienda Agricola F.lli Cigliuti Barbaresco Serraboella 1990 - 04-19-2020 14:25:55

Azienda Agricola F.lli Cigliuti Barbaresco Serraboella 1990

14% Imported by Skurnik, NY

I had high hopes for this wine but it was good to good+ only. It lacked any edge and was fairly simple. It had some ripeness, sweetness and perfume but the finish dropped off, not leaving much. It did not get better after opening. Perhaps a bad bottle based on it's reputation. Not recommended and I wouldn't hold on to them either. I have another to try. The rack of antelope + onion risotto was fine but the wine disappointed.

Fraser
Posted by: fraser

Re: TN: Azienda Agricola F.lli Cigliuti Barbaresco Serraboella 1990 - 03-07-2021 13:08:42

I had this once more and the wine was much more satisfying this time so a less than stellar bottle last time.

Night one:

"Sweet, engaging, fresh, roses, rich, concentrated and beckoning. Rich caramel nose - rose / poignant ++. Heavenly nose. Excellent. Ethereal nose. Cinnamon, spicy. Almost rose bomb. V. balanced."

Night two: "V. nice - rose balsam wood and violet nose. Palate - feminine and savory. Slightly oxidized. Expansive nose. Fading but good +. No decant. Light sediment."

Very nice wine. It lacks a little bit of personality or distinctiveness but otherwise I was very pleased.
The roast, stuffed semi-boneless quail came through again. One of my favorites.

Thanks
Fraser