Continue delving into my latest Harrington shipment:
1. Harrington SubRosa SumuKawVnyd/ElDoradoCnty (50% Syrah/Mourvedre; 13.1%; 47 cs) 2015: Med.dark color; strong blackberry/plummy/spicy/Syrah some earthy/dusty/graphite/mineral rather savory quite interesting nose; bit tart/tangy/metallic rather Syrah/blackberry/blueberry/plummy/bit licorice some ElDorado/earthy/mushroomy/loamy bit forest floor/herbal savory flavor w/ light tangy/angular tannins; very long tart/tangy/metallic bit austere strong blackberry/plummy/blueberry/Syrah some savory/herbal/forest floor classic ElDorado/earthy/mushroomy finish w/ modest tangy/bitey tannins; needs several yrs; speaks mostly of Syrah and speaks strongly of ElDoradoCnty; reminds a lot of the Holly'sHill blends and some of the early SierraVista Syrahs w/o the oak; a rather good bit rustic Rhone at a very good price. $23.00
1. SumuKaw: A vnyd up in the PleasantVlly area of ElDorado, to the South of Placerville. Owned by David & Shiela Bush, it has a bunch of interesting varieties therein; including Nebbiolo. David is the son of MadronaVnyds owner DickBush. Madrona is mostly run by another son, PaulBush. It's not clear that any of the SumuKaw grapes go to Madrona. And I don't believe David makes wine under his own label, so I gather he's strictly a grower. Grapes are farmed organically, though not certified organic.
Tom