Tried this last night:
1. Martha Stoumen post flirtation CCCnty/Calif WW (10%; 70% Marsanne/18% MuscatBlanc/12% Roussanne) MarthaStoumen/Richmond 2017: Light gold color; somewhat appley/Marsanne some floral/slight muscat very aromatic slight Rhonish/stony beautiful nose; quite tart/tangy bit metallic/steely fairly stony/appley/Marsanne light earthy/Rhonish some rich quite attractive flavor; very long quite tart/tangy bit metallic/steely fairly appley/Marsanne/stony/floral slight Rhonish/earthy finish; speaks mostly of Marsanne but the muscat lends a light floral touch; has a richness & plenty of flavor that belies the bracing acidity and 10% alcohol; reminds me a lot of the early Qupe Marsannes (pre-Roussanne addition) but not quite as stony & austere; I expect this to put on weight and be a lovely old Marsanne at 10 yrs of age. $25.00
1. MarthaStoumen is a "natural" wine maker. I was first drawn to her wines because she makes a Nero d'Avola that interested me. As I've tasted thru more of her wines, I'm finding a lot to like. The wines are not necessarly profound and not agonna get big scores from Monktown attourneys, but sometimes you just want something a bit off the mainstream and something that just tastes good with your meal. This wine certainly filled that niche.
Tom