Poderi Parrusi Barolo 1990
Bottled By Terre Da Vino (A Coop in Moriondo)
Imported by Wine Servies LTD (SF)

Parrusi is a vineyard in Castiglione Falletto. Bovia and Conterno-Fantina currently produce wine from Parussi. Maybe Vietti blends some it also. The nose was fine but the wine was nothing special. I opened this not long after it arrived to see if I wanted another (no) . Usually I wait longer but at $29/$35 I wanted to get more if it was good.. Maybe the other bottle will be better.

Prunotto Barolo Bussia 1990 and Roagna Barbaresco Riserva 1990

I brought these two out as sure bets but neither were very exciting. Kinda typical but boring. The Bussia had the edge by a little, but that's not saying much. Slighter richer and more powerful. As they both tasted similiar in their dullness, I suspect that it may have something to do with the taster as much as the wine. Yet, around the table, I didn't sense much pleasure being had from the wines. The Roagna surprised me as I've had the wine a number of years ago and it was very nice. A
Prunotto Cannubi from 1990 was very striking. Oh well.

Veglio Michelino & Figlio Nebbiolo Langhe 2005
Imported by Bacco Wine & Spirits PA

This tastes great discounted at $10! At $20+, it wouldn't taste so great. I usually avoid this stuff as it's
either pricy (why not get a cheap Barolo?) or they're clearly an inferior drink (I know there's plenty of exceptions).
This had some QPR. Very crisp, acidic, no obvious oak, opens nicely after awhile, rose and cranberries. Nice.

Antichi Vindi DOC Etna Ciclope 2002
Imported by Gregorio Wine Selections Seattle.
This wine, at $7.99 gives much more expensive wines a run for their money. Concentrated, intense, a mouthful of flavor. Coffee. Raisons. Dry. Old style. Not New World ripe. Rustic. (I like). The best of the bunch. Didn't catch the grape variety and do not have the energy to research.

Thanks
Fraser