I'm about to make my semi-annual pilgrimage after pushing an offspring out at Lewis & Clark. If you head into Dundee, you'll be in target rich territory. Stop at any winery, and you'll have pinot noir and pinot gris.

Ponzi Wine bar has Ponzi wines and also wines from a number of other wineries. There are good stops on the way into Dundee, and off on roads to the west from there. We are members of the Sokel Blosser club and enjoy the wines. Their visitor center can get a little crowded, but it's a pretty stop.

We were very disappointed in Torii Mor, which was advertised to us heavily. The trip was long and not suitably smooth for the spouse, and at the end, there was a lot of tude, high price, and nondescript wines. Not worth the trek in my book.

If you go farther, to Carlton, there are a number of places in Carlton proper, including Scott Paul that are worth a visit. There is A restaurant in Carlton. I can't recall two, really, but the dinner was good and the wines local and the chef and waiter attentive and in good humor.

If you're in Portland proper, do visit Storyteller wine. Maybe visit there first and get some local expert guidance as well as pick up some great values.

http://www.willamettewines.com/map.shtml