Pierre Gatinois “Tradition” Brut Grand Cru Ay NV

This is a wine for making memories - at least it has been for me. Following a “Party Before the Party” I pulled this to enjoy at home with just few nibbles while reflecting on the year that is now past. This Champagne is so captivating in the glass with its peach-like tint and continuous stream of tiny bubbles. Strawberry, crisp apple, toasted coconut, and hazelnut from attack to the warm finish. Yeast pulls the flavors together and lines a bit of a chalky sleeve for the finish ... which is long. The mouthfeel is creamy. The blend is 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Chardonnay, which helps explain the strawberry notes to the wine. Purchased about 3 years ago, this now tastes fully integrated and complete. While active, the mousse is light and a bit lacy. Everything is in place. 12% alc. 12.31.16. With crusty bread, country ham, Rush Creek Farm triple cream farmstead cheese (Wi.) (and also quite good with sweet/spicy nuts including hazelnuts). Recommended leaning to Highly Recommended.

Edited by BEB (01-27-2017 16:05:59)

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd