Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Rosella’s Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands, Santa Barbara Co., Ca. 2007

Black cherry, rosemary, cola, vanilla, cinnamon, earth and cloves. Nothing shy about this wine, but it doesn’t try to steal the show against the tartare. In fact, it nicely compliments it. Maybe it’s the rosemary or the cinnamon. The acidity compliments the richness of the beef. The sweetness of the black cherry and vanilla sets off the rawness of the beef for a very finished effect. The finish is long, cool and drippingly rich. Drink up! 14.5% without showing a spot of heat. With wagu beef tartare and Shack attack burgers at The Shack. 03.09.17. Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Keefer Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir Green Valley of the Russian River Valley 2007

Color unchanged: crushed blueberries.
Bouquet and Palate: Blueberry, cola, teaberry, cloves and cinnamon. Faded fruit.
Out of balance: Yes, still, but not as strikingly harsh.
Odd finish: graham cracker and vanilla.
14.3% alc.
With stichelton and other cheeses, brined black olives and kalamata olives.
Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast 2006

The color is plum at the core and “Loring Red” at the rim; bright and exuberant. The nose is molasses, black cherry, rosemary, cedar and mocha. This wine has shed so much of its initial profile and become something much better; much more complex. The wine is a touch shrill with acid, but it evens out on the mid-palate. The wine is exuberant and lively. 14.3% alc. With roasted bone-in pork chop under a balsamic cranberry sauce. 03.16.17. 600 cases. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd