Bernard Baudry Clos Guillet Chinon Loire Valley 2009

This is a ruby rimmed - cranberry core beauty! But for the bouquet, youd almost be content to linger at how stunning it appears in the glass. But for its flavors, youd almost succumb to the bouquet. This is a wine of sensual pleasure. Fresh, bracing cranberry and cassis on the nose with rich, earthy sandalwood and herbal, pungent rosemary rise from the glass and seduce the nose. With a sip the generous nose translates to a richer appreciation of each and every one of those distinct aspects of the wine. A wave of generous fruit is followed by a wave of graphite. As it recedes, the palate is awash with mocha. While not a stunning wine, it is a wine that wakes the senses; not glamorous in a fashion model-movie star, but very much like the girl next door you never noticed over winter, but suddenly its spring. Some sediment, but surprisingly, not a huge amount. 13% alc. With aged beef strip steaks with a rosemary butter. 03.18.17. Recommended with a nod to Highly Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd