Ciao,

1. 2014 Schild, Shiraz, Barossa. $15.99. 14.4 % abv, 18 months in French and American oak. I like Schild, and this vintage of their basic Shiraz is no exception. It is full bodied and rich, full of flavor, not too over ripe for Barossa, good acidity and the oak is unobtrusive. I liked it. Grade: B+.

2. 2015 Quivira, Sauv. Blanc, "Fig Tree Vineyard". Sample. A very nice SB, loaded with citrus and apple, juicy acidity, fresh and crisp. Delcious. Grade: B+.

3. 2012 Vite Colte, Barbaresco, "La Casa en Collina". $22.99. Very light cherry red color, floral nose, cherries, raspberries, light, ok on the palate, drinks more like a Nebbiolo delle Langhe than Barbaresco, very forward and ready. Grade: B.

4. 2014 Red Tail Ridge Riesling, "Seneca Lake", $15.99. Sample, the bottle was a leaker. Very tasty with that distinctive "petrol" one finds in many Riesling, lightly sweet, lots of fruit and flavor, I liked this. Grade: B/B+.

5. 2016 Tasca, Rose "Regaleali", $12.99, Sicily, from the Nerello Mascalese grape. Very delicious pink wine that was fresh, clean and crisp, with a hint of cherries and strawberries in the nose and palate. Tasty stuff. Grade: B+.

6. 2016 Cupcake, Shiraz, "Limestone Coast". $8.99. This wine used to be a pretty tasty number from Barossa, but has moved to Limestone Coast. Very tasty for the price, a touch over ripe, but lots of fruit and a decent acidity. It won't make old bones but it is pretty drinkable and a good QPR. Grade: B.

7. 2016 Dry Creek Vineyards, Dry Chenin Blanc. $11.99. Very nice white, full of pear and fresh apple fruit, crisp, no wood, easy to drink, better with food. Grade: B+.

8. 2015 Bila Haut, Cotes de Roussillon, $15.99, from Chapoutier. Very floral nose of plum and blackberry with spice and earth, no apparent oak, full bodied, spicy, perfect bbq wine for ribs or chicken. Grade: B+.

9. 2016 Spy Valley, Sauv. Blanc, Marlborough, NZ, $17.99. Impressive, loaded with gooseberry and grapefruit, intense on nose and palate, dances around the tongue, crisp, tangy finish. Perfect for shrimp, clams, mussels, crab... Grade: A-.

10. Noble Vines, Pinot Grigio, $9.99. Monterey. Wow, I really liked this a lot, more than anticipated. Lots of flavor, pear for sure, maybe some citrus, crisp and juicy, a real nice QPR. Grade: B/B+.