Bottle 1:

The nose and mouthfeel are both big and full with orange blossom, stone fruit (apricot and peach), tangerine, lychee fruit, and tarragon (Spousal Unit says “dill”). No white pepper in this any more. In fact, the wine has smoothed out and lost any element of spice. Hung on a frame of acid and fruit, the profile drips to a finish of smokey goodness, but the finish is shorter and softer than prior bottles. Now is the time to enjoy this wine. It appears to be losing its brightness. 13.5% alc. With Marseille shrimp stew. 04.08.17. Highly Recommended.

Bottle 2:

My last bottle of this and it went out with a bang. Flavors delivered enjoyment just as always, but it was the sharing of the bottle that made this particular pour so worthwhile. Shared with a friend over dinner at Zynodoa as I ate fried oysters followed by pork two ways (pork loin and pulled pork). Pours were also shared with the staff at the restaurant, who seemed very interested in the wine and appreciated the opportunity to taste it. 05.04.17. Highly Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd