Loring Wine Company Chardonnay Sierra Mar Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands, Ca. 2012

Pale sunshine in the glass delivers a nose full of butter, golden apple, Asian pear, lemon oil, popcorn and vanilla which threads the palate precisely. Those flavors spread across the palate where they are joined by creamed corn and celery making for a broad array of taste sensations and layers of complexity. The round and full mouthfeel is seamless from attack to creamy finish. Not a trace of heat from the alcohol as in a prior bottle. 14.9% alc. With grilled lobster and shrimp with remoulade, tomatoes and corn. 07.16.17. Recommended with a nod to Highly Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Chardonnay Sierra Mar Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands, Ca. 2013

The color of this wine continues to evolve and now is the deep gold of a mid-morning summer sun. The nose is ... is buttered popcorn! ... and golden apple pie with pineapple, caramel, vanilla and lemon cream. This vintage seems more balanced than the 2012 - no heat at all. A full bodied, full throttled Chardonnay, but with plenty of acidity to rein in the ripeness of the fruit. The bigness of the wine becomes a finish of candied lemon zest, tangerine and almond. 14.3% alc. With assorted double and triple creamed cheeses. 07.07.17. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd