Les Vins Domaine du Closel (Ch. Des Vaults) La Jalousie Savennieres Loire 2013

A deep golden yellow greets the glass and the eye. Delightful. The nose is rich with honey, white grapefruit, marmalade, diesel and white floral blossoms. Each element of the nose punches through on the palate. “Punches” may be too harsh a word, but certainly each scent translates into a distinct, discernable flavor that wash across the palate in a seemingly endless attack and mid-palate that lingers quite awhile. Eventually, the finish comes into view. Almond and anise take control of the finish. The mouthfeel is full and rich. The wine is rather charming. 13.5% alc. With roasted chicken breasts with fennel, leeks and rosemary. 09.28.17. Highly Recommended.

Bernard Baudry Chinon Blanc Loire 2014

This stainless steel, 100% Chenin Blanc is pale with a core of morning sunlight. The nose is floral with white blossom, citrus, fig, lanolin, saline and almond. This is an entry level white for Domain Baudry, but it delivers plenty of flavor. The salinity in the wine is deliciously distinct. Diverse and deft on the palate with a medium mouthfeel that works well with the essentially vegetable galette. 13% alc. With squash-bacon galette. 10.15.17. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd