Loring Wine Company Parmelee Hill Vineyard Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, Ca. 2012

Of the 2012 vintage, the Parmelee Hill is my favorite Chardonnay. It’s bright with apple and Asian pear, yet complex with baked apple pie spices that morph into creamy butter and toasted coconut. A much bigger wine than the Linden, but also a much more complex wine. 14.9% alc. With peanut soup, ham rolls and salad over Christmas holiday. 12.26.17. Highly Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Parmelee Hill Vineyard Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, Ca. 2013

My first bottle of this. No real notes, but impressions of Asian pear, golden delicious apple and sunlight in a glass. Flavors much the same with baked apple pie spices added in. Coconut appears at some point and carries the finish. 14.3% alc. With cheeses of St. Andre, manchago and crusty bread. 12.01.17. Highly Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Parmelee Hill Vineyard Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, Ca. 2013

More impressions: Asian pear, golden delicious apple and popcorn with shaved truffles. And the color! Sunlight in a glass (as I’ve said before). The aspects of the nose translate to the palate in spades with coconut added in. A stunningly good California Chardonnay. 14.3% alc. With cheeses of St. Angel, Estomoniere, a truffled cheese and Haberton and crusty bread and oysters as a run up to the cassoulet (see 8 Loring Pinots post). 02.17.18. Highly Recommended.

... apparently, I can't keep my hands off the '13 Parmelee Hill Chard ...Loring Wine Company Parmelee Hill Vineyard Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, Ca. 2013

As big as the Seirra Mar is, this wine is even bigger. Intense Asian pear, golden delicious apple, toasty coconut and a whollop of vanilla with baked apple pie spices carry over for a long finish. 14.3% alc. With home-made sweet potato ravioli with the Scion over her last spring break. The Scion favored the Sierra Mar over this wine. 03.10.18. Highly Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Parmelee Hill Vineyard Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, Ca. 2014

Opened the same night as the ‘13 Parmelee Hill (see above), successively. And like the ‘13, this is my first bottle of this wine. Again, no real notes, just impressions of Asian pear and golden delicious apple. The wine is much like the ‘13, but not quite as intense. The 2013 is highly intense while the 2014 is “merely” big. 14.3% alc. With cheeses of St. Andre, manchago and crusty bread. 12.01.17. Highly Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Chardonnay Sierra Mar Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands, Ca. 2013

What’s not to love about a wine that is the color of mid-morning summer sun and delivers a nose of buttered popcorn and coconut. Plenty of golden apple pie with baking spices along with a splash of vanilla and lemon cream. A “bigly” full bodied Chardonnay just as you would expect from Brian. Incredible balance for such a big wine. 14.3% alc. With cheeses of St. Angel, Estomoniere, a truffled cheese and Haberston and crusty bread as a run up to the cassoulet (see Loring 8 Pinots post). 02.17.18. Recommended.

Loring Wine Company Chardonnay Durell Vineyard Sonoma Coast Ca. 2013

What is it about these Durell Chardonnays?! Big wines which are neither oaky nor flabby. The nose and palate mirror one another with lemon marmalade, coconut, pear, golden delicious apple, and baking spices. Such excellent balance. So many layers of flavor. 14.9% alc. With cheese fondue. 01.02.18. Highly Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd