Yarra Burn Cabernet Sauvignon Victoria Aus. 2000

After a 3 hour slow-ox opening, the color evolved from brick to plum; rather pretty in the glass. A bouquet of cassis, tobo, and mint rises from the glass. On the palate, the tannins glide across the tongue while the attack of cassis, tobo and mint mash the throttle to just this side of jammy. The full mid-palate delivers almost seamlessly into the finish of cassis, tobo and mocha. No doubt remains that this is a New World wine. 13% alc. With grilled (beef) ribeyes under a tomato-mushroom sauce. 03.31.18. Recommended.

Schweiger Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Spring Mountain Napa Ca 2005

No real change from Feb. of this year: “ A rich plum color fills the glass as a bouquet of cassis, plum, tobo, licorice and mint rises from it. Well balanced with fully integrated tannins, it glides across the palate. The finish comes up a bit short. A well made wine.” Not as much sediment in this bottle as in the last. 14.9% alc. With grilled (beef) burgers. 05.05.18. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd