Quote:
Hi Tom,

I sincerely appreciate your gracious offer! After getting into Albuquerque late at night and then a early morning tour of Bandelier, I only wanted to get lunch and get to our destination in Taos. The friendly folks in White Rock, NM told us in no uncertain terms that we should be eating in Los Alamos instead as the only decent place (Pig + Fig) was closed. I wasn't happy but took their advice and that's how I found myself in Los Alamos, eating at El Rigobertos Taco Shop, which was good. I hadn't intended to visit but the drive in is amazing. I didn't know it but turns out my wife is very interested in the Manhattan Project, as she helped catalog historic photos from there for Corbis. She did visit the Bradbury museum briefly but I was tired enough that I could only watch the video of what the Lab is currently working on. Pretty amazing things.

That said, I'd love to come back to NM and get a tour of the museum.

I bought this wine from Susan's - never seen it before. A high elevation vineyard (highest?), it was very nice and an example of why you might go there. BEAUMES DE VENISE ‘LE PARADOU’, PAUL JABOULET AINE

Thanks
Fraser

Seen that wine in at Susan's, but have not tried it.

I'm a big history buff of the ManhattanProject and physics in general of that era. When I give a tour of the Bradbury, I fold in a lot of that history, much of which I participated in in my 45 yrs at LANL. So next time you come to NM, let's plan on it.
They're showing DrAtomic at the SantaFe Opera this Summer. An Opera focused on the days around the Trinity Shot, whose anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. I decided not to go because the opera is rather "outre" and I'm sure all the historical innacuracies in it would grate on my nerves.
Tom