Limerick Lane Cellars Rosé Russian River Valley Sonoma Co., Ca. 2017

There is something about this true rosé that delights me yet I cannot verbalize what “it” is. The look is of bronze and peach. The bouquet is of peach, cherry, watermelon, herbs and mineral. Is that white pepper on the nose too? On the palate it is deft: balanced, juicy, but not over the top, dry and .... something beguiling. A stunningly fine rosé. A blend of 62% Syrah and 38% Grenache. 12.7% alc. With a BLT. 08.10.18. Recommended.

Corner 103 Rosé of Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast Sonoma Co. Ca. 2017

A rather pastel pink. We opened two bottles of this wine. The bottle variation could not have been more distinct and different. The first bottle was dull and uninteresting and left me wondering why we thought this was worthy of purchase in the tasting room. The second bottle was a dead ringer for what we tasted in the tasting room: bright strawberry and fromboise; acidity balanced with fruit; basil on the finish; delightful and refreshing; everything a rosé should be. 13.5% alc. With cheeses, molé, and crusty bread. 07.06.18. Recommended (more or less given the good bottle and the wine tasted at the tasting room).

Domaine Bunan Mas de la Rouviere Bandol 2015

I opened this to begin a personal celebration before breaking the news to the family (and popped open the Gatenois) and continued with it to baste me while I grilled boneless pork chops. This is always a dependable and usually one of the best rosés of the summer. The salmon-peach color invites. The peach, watermelon, strawberries and cream delivers ... in spades. 14% alc. With grilled pork chops. 07.13.18. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd