Arrowood Vineyard and Winery Sauvignon Blanc Alexander Valley Sonoma Co., Ca. 2016

Zippy citrus with white grapefruit dominating but some tangerine cutting corners, quince and fig. Nothing complex or lingering but a solid, well made and satisfying effort. 13.5% alc. With assorted cheeses (Moses Sleeper, crotin, and Alpine Blossom) and crackers. 10.04.18. Recommended.

Arrowood Vineyards & Winery Viognier Saralee’s Vineyard Russian River Valley Sonoma 2016

Aromatic. Restrained. Balanced. With those three words, who would think this would be an American, much less Californian Viognier? But it is, what with its deft flavors of orange blossom, white peach, lychee, honey, honeysuckle and almond. A very balanced wine. I cannot imagine this drinking any better than it does right now. No heat from the alcohol (14.6% ). With ciabotta, brie style Carolina cheese and alpine blossom cheese. 08.19.18. Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd