Henri Bourgeois La Cote des Monts Damnes Sancerre Loire 2014

Pouring this wine is like pouring a yellow moon in the glass. It’s a captivating color. The nose lifts quickly with gooseberry, white grapefruit, creamed corn, lymon, wet stones and flint. Bright, crisp and very clean in the mouth, the palate segues to a long, basil wrapped stones on the finish. The finish itself goes long. This is one incredible Sancerre. 13% alc. With crab cakes with a side of lightly creamed corn with sweet red peppers. 10.06.18. Recommended, and leaning toward Highly Recommended.

Francois et Jean-Marie Cherrier Les Chaillous Cuvée Vielles Vignes Sancerre 2007

From 100% Pinot Noir. The back label introduces the wine as “Pink Loire Wine” ... and so it is. The nose is 100% strawberries that spill over to the palate where they mix with rich, fresh cream. A bright mouthfeel with nothing heavy or forced. A touch of cantaloupe on the finish. Balanced and well placed. 13.5% alc. With roasted tomatoes and eggs. 08.29.18 Recommended.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Elwood P. Dowd