Originally Posted By: Bob Davis
After letting it all settle in and being glad we went here are some considerations on a next trip.

Although some of the favorites tasted were in Napa I really just can't see spending much time there in the future. (Again) It's just too damn expensive to just taste there. And to even find a hotel. Yikes. A couple weeks ago I believe it was the Wall St. Journal ran a travel guide, "Napa Valley for Millionaires". Not too far off the mark.
Sonoma is not too far behind in fees but the wines there are generally what we drink more often. Rhones, Pinots, Zins. So we'll go back.
Spend more time down south: Paso Robles, Santa Rita Hills, etc. Haven't been there in over 10 years.
More time in Oregon.

Well, Bob....I've not written off the NapaVlly. But doing the wine tourist thing of stopping into tasting rooms & trying wines can be pretty expensive. And the traffic on Hwy 29...yoikes.
Mostly I just bop into the NapaVlly, see a few friends, and then hightail it out of there. The smell of all that $$'s can be a bit too much.
Tom