Tried this last night:
1. Harrington Riesling GrivaVnyd/ArroyoSeco (14.1%; 25-30 yr old vines) 2014: Med.light gold color; attractive R/floral/pineapple slight valve oil slight chalky nose; bit soft slightly off-dry (0.5% r.s.?) slight tangy/metallic/citric fairly rich/floral/R/pineapple/mango slight valve oil/petrol pleasant flavor; very long fairly rich/lush/off-dry strong R/floral/mango/pineapple slight tangy finish; an altogether pleasant R and somewhat interesting but a bit on the simple/tutti-fruit side. $25.00

2. Harrington Riesling GrivaVnyd/ArroyoSeco (14.1%) 2014: Med.light gold color; strong pineapple/R/tutti-fruity/
floral/ripe slight earthy/valve oil lovely nose; lightly tart/metallic strong pineapple/tutti-fruity/floral/R
slight valve oil bit simple attractive flavor; long fairlly tart/tangy/metallic strong floral/R/pineapple/
tutti-fruity finish; a bit on the simple side (now) butquite a pleasant expression of Calif R. $25.00[/b]

I also had this at RibollaFest:
Originally Posted By: "Tom"

2. Harrington Riesling GrivaVnyd/ArroyoSecco (14%; 25-30 yr old vines) 2014: Light yellow color; low-key/quiet
R/pineapple/floral somewhat earthy/chalky/mineral/perfumed talc quite interesting nose; fairly tart/steely
rather chalky/perfumed talc/mineral/stony light pineapple/floral/R flavor; very long some earthy/chalky/
perfumed talc/steely/metallic slight R/floral/mango finish; not your usual tutti-fruity Calif R; quite an
interesting R that should benefit greatly from 3-10 yrs of age.
BloodyPulpit:
2. Riesling: The GrivaVnyd (grivavineyard.com/)is about 337 acres, mostly planted to Chard, w/ 27 acres of Riesling.
Most of the grapes go to BernardusWnry. Bryan got an opportunity to buy some of the old-vine Riesling and couldn't
resist taking a foray into the world of Riesling. I was quite taken by this wine because it reminded me a lot
of FingerLake R, a bit of AltoAdige R. Age should make this a very interesting R.

I was expecting this R to be showing a bit more interest and evolution. It definitely had a bit of the Mosel valve oil/petrol character and reminded me most of some of the old Ventana Rieslings of Doug Meador. But the acidity doesn't seem to be there to make this into a truly compelling R with more age. But I could be wrong. I think this is the only R that Bryan has made.
Tom

Edited by TomHill (07-02-2019 08:00:18)