Tried these two over the weekend:
1. Loimer Lois GrunerVeltliner Niederosterreich (11.5%; Organic; L-N 16445/17; Winebow) 2017: Light gold w/ lots of tiny bubbles; pleasant grapey/GV/bit floral rather simple nose; fairly frizzante soft slightly sweet (0.6%-0.8% r.s.?) simple grapey/GV/bit floral flavor; short fairly sweet frizzante light grapey/GV finish; pretty much a commodity wine; dull as dishwater and overpriced at $18.00 (SFW&S)
2. Nikolaihof Zwickl Wachau naturub GrunerVeltliner(DemeterCertified Biodynamic; 12%; EB; www.Nikolaihof.At; L0816; TerryTheiseSlctn) Mautern 2016: Light gold color; pleasant GV/white pepper light earthybit simple nose; lightly tart some GV/floral/white pepper light earthy off-dry rather simple flavor; med.long pleasant GV/slight white pepper soft off-dry finish; speaks quietly of GV but still on the rather simple/dull side. $26.00 (SFW&S)
The Nikolaihof is advertised as a “Hefeabzug”, two wines in the same btl. It is bttld unfiltered. The top part should fall clear if you pour that. Then if you shake it up to redistribute the sediment, you get a "different" wine. To tell the truth, I couldn't tell much of a difference from start to finish. Seems a bit gimmicky to me.
Tom