2017 Errazuriz Aconcagua Valley Chardonnay "Las Pizarras

While I don't tend to pay much attention to WA reviews, this needs to be called out. The WA 98 point rating (by Louis Guterriez) is disgracefully inflated. I'll go farther and say this wine is not worth its price tag. The nose is lean and stony with faint lemon notes. But the fruit on the palate is something else -- or rather, bluntly, it is nothing at all. One would be hard put to know this was made from grapes. The fruit is almost painfully stony and minerally -- and I love minerality in a chardonnay. But not this. There is a hint of lemon/lime in there. Nice acidity and balance, but nothing special. Finishes long but not at all pleasant. Overall impression is lean and hard. Will time transform it? Perhaps but I strongly doubt it. I gave it 24 hours in the refrigerator, pulled it out to warm up the next day and tried again. Not much change. Now there was a bit of sour Sauvignon Blanc fruit. Not impressive at all. There may be some out there who like this style -- not me. "B-" (and I'm being generous).

Charlie