Just hit NM, so had to try:
1. Truchard Roussanne Carneros/NapaVlly (14.1%; EB; www.TruchardVineyards.com) 2018: Med.gold color w/ mesmerizing tiny bubbles that dissapate; beautiful fragrant floral/honeysuckle/Rouss/honeyed almost Muscat-like light pencilly/oak very aromatic nose; bit soft very rich/lush/mouthfilling intense Rouss/floral/honeysuckle/honeyed/gardenias/magnolias very light pencilly/oak bit complex flavor; very long/lingering very rich/lush intense floral/honeysuckle/Rouss/gardenias light pencilly/oak finish; huge intense Rouss fruit w/o being over the top; almost Muscat-like in intensity; reminds a lot of the Jaffurs Rouss but w/ less oak; not the minerality or complexity of a French Rouss but just loads of exhubrent Rouss fruit at a stupid/silly price. $19.00 (SFW&S)
1. I have, of course, followed Tony & JoAnn Truchard from the very start. Used to see them all the time at RhoneRanger & HdR events, but not seen them for a number of yrs now. I first found out about them from FrankMahoney back in the mid-'70's. They had property just North of CarnerosCreek and I believe Frank was instrumental in getting Tony to plant PinotNoir which was, of course, Frank's passion. Tony was one of the early ones to plant Rhone varietals in the Carneros when he put in Syrah. Though those early Syrahs often showed a bit of brett, they soon figured it out and were much cleaner. They showed some of that black pepper character you find in LosMadres or Hudson Syrah. They were probably about the first to put in Rouss in the Carneros. They make a Rouss that is as good as any in Calif. I've not tried the Rouss in some 5-6 yrs now, so when I saw it on the shelf, I decided it was time to revisit it. This is about as good as a Rouss as you can find from anybody in Calif. It has an intensity of Rouss fruit that almost reminds you of a Muscat.
Tom

Edited by TomHill (05-23-2020 16:55:38)