Le Colline Barbaresco Cascina Bordino 1982

13% not sure who the importer is as the label is ripped - Empson?

I've been chasing this wine for years and have only managed to get one. Thankfully it was fantastic! I'm usually not a do-over kind of person but I would love to get more of this wine.

I'm not sure why Bordino doesn't get more attention. It sits by itself on the eastern border of Treiso. Not to be confused with Bordini, which is a different vineyard in a different district.

Le Colline of Monsecco Gattinara fame made this wine during the mid-eighties only. The current producer is Tenuta Carretta. It seems that perhaps they were both producing this wine during the eighties but not sure.

I became interested in Bordino because I loved Le Colline's Gattinara and Ghemme and also I figured if Tenuta Carretta owned some Cannubi, then their choice in vineyards must be pretty good. Of course, they could have come via inheritance.

Great wine and highly recommended. My first really good 1982.

The wine had a very poignant smell, apparent at a distance - lovely rose +. It was medium bodied with a kaleidoscope of flavors - so many that it makes describing it difficult. Many flavors that are new to me. This is the essence of this wine. Very fresh and concentrated. The opposite of a heavy wine. Complex in a very easy going way. Very floral. Balanced with good acidity. Ridiculously easy to drink. So much going on. At peak. Decanted several hours. Little sediment.

This is consistent with the 2004 Tenuta Carretta Bordino I had a couple years back. Tons of different flavors, very fresh, floral, medium bodied, complex and age worthy.

Finally cooked a steak successfully. Had with "wild" mushroon ravioli with a fontina/fava bean sauce. Went very well with the wine.

Thanks
Fraser

Attachments
Le Colline Barbaresco Cascina  Bordino 1982.JPG

Edited by fraser (11-16-2020 17:15:10)