Dipping further into my recent Carlisle arrival, tried last night:
1. Carlisle TwoAcres RRV/SonomaCnty (14.5%; Plntd: 1910; Mourv/PetiteSirah/Syrah/Peloursin/Carignan/AlicanteBouschet; 250 cs) 2018: Very dark color; intense blackberry/boysenberry/licorice/plummy slight herbal light toasty/Fr.oak quite dusty/OV rather complex quite aromatic nose; lightly tart/tangy very strong blackberry/plummy/boysenberry/Mourv/PS light toasty/oak some earthy rather dusty/OV very rich/lush some complex flavor w/ modest brisk tannins;very long/lingering plummy/Mourv/blackberry/licorice fairly dusty/OV some complex finish w/ light brisk tannins; another delicious Twackers; speaks strongly of RRV Mourv.
1. This is, of course, the vnyd that started it all. Mike, when he was doing software development down in TheCite, would drive by this old-vine untended vnyd. He assumed it was Zin. Finally, he contacted the owner & asked if he could revive & tend the vnyd in exchange for the crop. The deal was struck and he started as a home winemaker from these grapes.
I first met Mike at a big ZAP tasting at FtMason. ZAP had a table set up so home winemakers could show of their ho-made wines. On a lark, I stopped by this table & Mike was showing his wine. When I first tasted it, I was blown away. I remarked to this quiet/shy guy who introduced himself as MikeOfficer that his Zin was better than 90% of the Zins out there on the floor. And the rest is history.
Tom