Tried these two last night from my archives:
1. TablasCreek Bergeron Estate/PasoRobles (100% Roussanne/Bergeron in Savoie) 2009: Med.light gold color; strong apple/spiced apples/pear light floral/Rouss/honeysuckle rather mineral/some petrol/Mosel valve oil rather complex quite aromatic beautiful nose; quite tart/tangy slight steely/flinty rather apple/pear/quince bit spiced apples/nutmeg light petrol very light floral/Rouss bit lean/stony some complex very interesting flavor; very long quite tart/steely some petrol/Mosel valve oil some apple/quince/spicy very light floral/Rouss/honeysuckle rather lean/restrained finish; quite an interesting/exotic expression of Rouss and very atypical of a TCV Rouss; much like a Savoie Roussette/Altesse or a Gringet w/ lots of Alpine white flowers character; very un-PR & un-TCV in character; speaks of Rouss only quietly; an absolutely fascinating white for TCV; wish they would make this again.
2. TablasCreek Mourvedre Estate/PasoRobles (14.1%) 2008: Med.slight bricking color; very strong plummy/licorice/Mourv slight black cherry cola bit pungent/chocolaty light cedary/pencilly/oak slight floral/lilacs rather complex nose; lightly tart/tangy/angular strong plummy/Mourv/licorice slight drying out bit Rhonish/Southern Rhone some complex flavor w/ light drying tannins; very long strong plummy/Mourv/licorice/black cherry cola rather Rhonish/rustic light pencilly/cedary/oak some complex finish w/ light rough tannins; shows lots of SouthernRhone/Gigondas character and lots of Mourv/plummy character; showing a bit of age on the palate and starting to dry out slightly but a beautiful aged Mourv.
Tom

1. The Bergeron is, I believe, a TCV one-off. Bergeron is the name for Roussanne in the Savoie. It was very unlike any TCV Rouss I've yet had. Easily the best Savoie White ever made in Calif. My guess is that it was young-vines Rouss or Rouss that was not as ripe as they typically get. Wonderful white.